Residential Program Now Open in Seattle!
Our residential facility in Seattle is officially open! We have been hard at work for many months creating a warm, welcoming environment for our clients to begin to heal. Our team of experts, including a full medical staff, therapists, and dietitians will be working around the clock, offering compassionate, clinically robust treatment to our clients requiring 24/7 care.
Residential programming at The Emily Program includes evidence-based group and individual interventions addressing core eating disorder behaviors and cognitions including but not limited to:
- Frequent behavioral exposure and experiential interventions aimed at self-care, anxiety management, skill development, and alternative coping mechanisms
- CBT skills groups focused on psychoeducation, self-monitoring, mood management, cognitive restructuring
- DBT skills groups focused on emotional regulation, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, and mindfulness
- Anxiety and stress management, including specialty designed yoga and art interventions
- Therapy, nutrition, medical, and psychiatric individual and family sessions
- Integrated and specialized substance use disorder, OCD, SIB, and trauma individual interventions
- Personalized relapse prevention and recovery skills development
- Experiential meal preparation and cooking education provides residents and supporters with hands-on learning experiences
Some of the benefits to residential treatment are:
Level of care matches severity of illness: Our 24/7 medically supervised environment and intensive behavioral program promotes medical stability and psychological and nutritional skill development necessary to match the severity of the illness
Improves core eating disorder symptoms: Treatment results in weight normalization, reduced eating disorder pathology, improved self-esteem, and improved quality of life
Optimizes support system: Comprehensive involvement of family and friends develops a support system to optimally support resident as they step down from residential care
Promotes recovery: Equips clients with improved functionality, skills, and quality of life to continue recovery in lower levels of care and within their support system
Lower total cost of care: Appropriate care decreases health care costs by approximately 30% compared to individuals in need of, but unable to access, residential care and avoids ineffective, high cost hospitalizations with limited efficacy in addressing eating disorder core symptoms
Gives hope: The Emily Program has exceptional patient satisfaction with 95% of patients and families saying they would recommend The Emily Program to others
For many people, the journey to recovery begins with a safe, private place to stay. We provide authentic, individualized care to adults of all genders at our 16-bed Seattle – Residential facility. If you would like to learn more or refer a client to Seattle – Residential, please call us at 1-888-364-5977.