Episode 66: A Compilation of Advice for Those Doubting Recovery
In this special holiday episode, we have compiled some powerful insights on recovery from several of our 2021 guests who have experienced it themselves. Throughout the year, we asked our podcast guests with a personal eating disorder story this question: “What would you tell someone listening who believes recovery isn’t possible for them?” This episode features some of the answers we received in response.
Many of our guests share how they once thought that recovery wasn’t possible for them as well, but every little step they made toward healing was so important. While acknowledging how challenging recovery can be, they also emphasize how much better it is than having an eating disorder. If you are experiencing or recovering from an eating disorder yourself, we hope that this episode leaves you with some hope and wisdom on your path to healing.
Because we weren’t able to highlight every inspiring voice of recovery, we encourage you to check out any episodes you may have missed in 2021. Featured in this compilation are the following guests (in order of appearance):
- Episode 49: Managing Perfectionism with Kesslee
- Episode 52: The Gifts of Recovery with Katie Price
- Episode 59: Choosing Recovery with Kathryn
- Episode 53: Social Media and Recovery with Maddy Walters
- Episode 44: Recovery as a Journey with Rachel Wilshusen
- Episode 51: Staying Motivated in Recovery with Abby Anderson
- Episode 58: Advancing Eating Disorders Education with Shikha Advani
- Episode 54: Building Body Trust with Holly Toronto
- Episode 50: Food is More Than a Nutrition Label with Kenzie Osborne
- Episode 64: Healing Has No Age Limit with Betsy Brenner
- Episode 56: The Healing Power of Horses with Lisa Whalen
- Episode 43: Giving Voice to Eating Disorder Stories with Kiera Russo
- Episode 65: Honoring Your Hunger with Hannah Howard
- Episode 55: Eating Disorders in Fiction with Emily Layden
- Episode 62: Eating Disorders in the Jewish Community with Lucie Waldman
If you’d like to share your recovery story on the podcast, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing your story and more next year on Peace Meal.
Learn more about The Emily Program online or by calling 1-888-364-5977.
About the podcast: