Your Welcome/Intake Packet
The Emily Program is nationally recognized for our compassionate and personalized approach to eating disorder awareness, treatment, and lifetime recovery. We’re here to help.
Preparing for your first appointment
Welcome to your first steps toward recovery. If you are looking for Welcome Packet information, it’s likely you were directed to this page by our Admissions Team after scheduling your appointment for an intake assessment.
This section includes documents you will need to complete and/or review prior to that appointment. We’ll also let you know what to expect the day of your appointment and answer a few common questions.
Print and complete these forms
Prior to starting at The Emily Program, we need to learn a little more about you. We also want you to learn about policies and practices related to your care. Click next to your state below to download and print all the forms you will need to complete or review prior to your first appointment.
Bring the following with you to your first appointment
- Completed paperwork (see above)
- Insurance card (for yourself, your child, or the person responsible for payment, i.e. parent or guardian)
- Photo ID card (for yourself, your child, or the person responsible for payment, i.e. parent or guardian)
What to expect at your first appointment
Your experience will vary depending on your age (adult or adolescent) and your family dynamic. Below is a general overview of what to expect.
- Check in at the front desk to submit completed paperwork and take care of any additional documents that may require your attention and/or signature.
- Next, you will complete a self-assessment that consists of several pen and paper questionnaires related to your relationship with food and body image. The self-assessment is not medical and doesn’t require advance preparation. It helps us to get to know you better and develop a customized treatment plan.
- An intake therapist will review results of the questionnaires and then meet with you to discuss what brought you to The Emily Program and what you hope to gain from treatment. Families are included throughout the adolescent intake process. (There will be a waiting period between completion of your self-assessment and your appointment with the therapist.)
- At the end of your session with the therapist, you will discuss treatment recommendations and next steps to move forward with care.
Other useful information/tools from The Emily Program
Check our Locations page for maps to prepare for your visit at our outpatient locations or our 24/7 residential care facilities.
Find out what services your insurance covers
It’s important that you understand the services your insurance will cover. We’ve created the below tool to help guide you through the insurance verification process. This tool includes everything you will need to have ready for the phone call and every question to ask the insurance representative about your coverage.