The Emily Program has earned a reputation for exceptional client satisfaction. A recent survey showed that 90% of patients who had previously received eating disorder treatment elsewhere preferred The Emily Program. See for yourself. Schedule an eating disorder assessment or call us at 1-888-EMILY-77 (1-888-364-5977).
- "One of the most powerful things that I am able to see today is that my team worked tirelessly and held that hope for me when I couldn’t hold it for myself. The team held out hope that I would overcome ED—they believed even when I no longer did, and they were absolutely relentless in their attempts to help me heal myself."
- "My relationship to food now is—it’s just there to fuel me. It’s not my protector anymore, because now I’ve got that; now I’ve got people. There’s no hold on me with it anymore—which is awesome."
- "I LOVE the Emily Program and becoming a 'part' of it has helped me grow, develop, heal and become a better person."
- "I LOVE the Emily Program for the hope, respect, support and wonderful care they bring to all who are affected by eating disorders."
- "The beautiful thing about this place is that they are teaching us how to take our lives back, empowering us to empower ourselves."
- "In my specific experience, The Emily Program has been life-saving. Actually, more so, it was life 'giving' in that through my 5 months of working with The Emily Program, I've had glimpses into what life COULD be like. They are helping me learn to 'live' my life. At age 42, I'm finally able to admit to myself that yes, this is long overdue, and yes, I do actually deserve it :)"
- "Thank God for the Emily Program. My heart is filled with gratitude and love. I’m starting to find me and it feels so good. I’ve been lost for so long. Symptoms have subsided to a bare minimum. Progress!!"
- "The Emily Program means freedom from a life-long obsession for me. For most of my life, I thought more about eating or not eating than anything else, and I couldn’t stop. When my problem got so bad--difficulty functioning at work and in my relationships--I turned to The Emily Program. After a year in treatment, I can honestly say that I am free. Food is just food and I am able to live for the first time in many years."
- "The staff at The Emily Program made me feel safe and genuinely cared for. And I know they will help me out of this difficult time, and will continue to do so years and years after being symptom free."
- "Finding The Emily Program was like finding a second home and family. This is a support network that will never give up on me and tries to help everyone, no matter what stage or eating disorder they may or may not be suffering from."
- "The Emily Program is truly a holistic program and I can’t emphasize enough how amazing they are."
- "At first I was angry at the help that my counselors and nutritionists were giving me; however, that sense of genuine care and concern—as well as a sense of belonging to a community—kept me coming back. I could not be here today without the help I received from The Emily Program."
- "The Emily Program has truly helped me heal emotionally, physically and spiritually. I have a new lease on life after years of misery. Call today—you will be amazed that it took you as long as it did."
- "Recovery is hard work, but my therapist, dietitian and psychiatrist have made it the most rewarding experience of my life! There is always help. I am recovering after 15 years with bulimia. If I can do this, you can, too."
- "The Emily Program staff never gave up and one day I was able to see a glimpse of what they saw. I started to trust. I opened up and felt the pain I was running away from. Now I can live. I can live a life without my eating disorder."
Adolescent & Family Services Testimonials
- "Sometimes, you feel like you’re doing the battle alone. Being with the other parents definitely made me feel more supported. There’s a whole bunch of other people going through the same thing with their kids."
- "The Emily Program has helped me a lot mostly because I am a kid and usually these don’t make a whole lot of sense. Thank you again."
- "The emotional connections I have with my support people have been vital in helping me recover."
- Our family is more open—not just about food, but with feelings. It’s amazing to see how much everything has changed and how willing they are to say how they feel."
- "Now I feel surrounded and protected and held—something I didn’t have for many years. It’s nice to have that, finally."
Group/Intensive Program Testimonials
- "Today I need nothing more than a hug. Not your everyday kind of a hug, but an ‘I know your pain, love you, care and want to take your pain kind of hug.’ I fell off the train … but today in group you loved me … now I know I’m worth the hug"
BED/COE Program Testimonials
- "I've suffered from an eating disorder all my life. The program gives me the opportunity to own the disease without shame, guilt, and self-loathing. I had those feelings when I came into the program a few years ago. I believe compulsive overeating is a disease of the mind as well as the body. The Emily Program works foremost on the mind, and the physical recovery follows the change in the emotional and thought patterns. For me, it has been very slow. They are teaching me how to be patient and kind to myself. It took a life time for me to hit bottom. The healing journey will continue for the rest of my life, and for that I'm grateful."
- "I would recommend the Emily Program. It is very holistic. It is very sound. It offers support in so many areas of life. My eating disorder has permeated all areas and I've been learning to do things that I never thought possible. For example, as a very large woman, I began taking a yoga and body image class, and it has opened doors for me to become more comfortable in my own body and interested in doing more self-care, because of the wonderful support from the therapist, instructor and members of the group. The program meets us 'where we are.' No two people are alike, and I've admired the creativity and integrity of the program. I've made friends here, and see how their treatment programs are different and similar to mine. The program works because it is based on patience and a willingness to change thinking in ways that lead to physical recovery."