Eating Disorder Self-Assessment Quiz For You
Eating disorders affect people of any age and gender. How can you tell if you have a problem with food or eating? Use this self-assessment tool as a guide.
Answer these 6 questions honestly:
1. Do you feel like you sometimes lose or have lost control over how you eat?
2. Do you ever make yourself sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
3. Do you believe yourself to be fat, even when others say you are too thin?
4. Do food and/or thoughts about food dominate your life?
5. Do thoughts about changing your body or your weight dominate your life?
6. Have others become worried about your weight?
In this informal survey, 2 or more "yes" answers strongly indicate the presence of disordered eating.
Adapted from the Scoff Questionnaire by Morgan, Reid & Lacy-BMJ, 1999.
Start your journey to recovery now
You can make peace with food. Learn more about our personalized treatment plans. Call us at The Emily Program today 1-888-364-5977 or complete our online form to begin the eating disorder assessment process. There is help. And hope.
Disorders We Treat
The Emily Program offers proven and personalized treatment for all types of eating disorders. Regardless of your age or gender, The Emily Program has experience with all kinds of eating disorders. Learn more.
The warning signs of eating disorders are sometimes hard to detect, especially if the individual denies or purposely hides his or her struggle with food. Know the signs. Learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Emily Program is here to answer any questions you have about eating disorders and the recovery journey. We want to help. Read the FAQ now.