Eating Disorder Assessment Tool For Family and Friends
How Can I Tell is there’s a Problem? This 7 question Self Scoring Tool for family or friends may help you:
- Does it seem to you that your loved one has lost control over how she or he eats?
- Does your loved one ever make him/herself sick because they feel uncomfortably full?
- Does your loved one believe she/he is fat, even when others say she/he is too thin?
- Do food and/or thoughts about food dominate your loved one’s life?
- Do thoughts about changing his/her body or weight dominate your loved one’s life?
- Are shared meals difficult because of your loved one’s eating behavior or comments about food, eating, or body image?
- Are you or others worried about your loved one’s weight?
In this informal survey, 2 or more "yes" answers strongly indicate the presence of disordered eating. (Adapted from the Scoff Questionnaire by Morgan, Reid & Lacy-BMJ, 1999.)