Participants Needed for Miami University Online Eating Disorder Research
A message from April Smith, the lead for this research:
We are a Miami University research team that studies the thoughts and feelings that motivate eating and dieting behaviors. We are interested in recruiting people who were or are currently in treatment for an eating disorder to participate in our research study. This study has been approved by the Human Research Protection Program Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Miami University (#00985r).
This study will be completed online over the course of one month (with a one month follow-up) and participation is completely voluntary. People who are eligible to participate will be compensated up to $245 in online gift cards to Amazon.
A few important things to know about the study are:
- All information collected will be kept completely confidential.
- Participation is completely voluntary.
- The link we provide will send you to a website telling you about the study. Once on that site, you can decide whether or not you want to participate.
- If you start to participate and decide you no longer feel comfortable or you are no longer interested, you can end it without any penalty or punishment.
- We will provide links to treatment resources throughout the study.
- This study will include only participants who are 18 years and older.
- The study includes questions and images that some may find unpleasant.
If you are interested in participating, please take this quick survey which will assess your eligibility for the study.
If you are eligible to participate, you will be contacted by a member of the research team within 2 days of completing the screening survey.
Thank you so much for your consideration!
April Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Oxford, OH 45056