Eating Disorder Technician, Casual, Anna Westin House-Adolescent
Location: St Paul, Anna Westin House-Adolescent
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Under supervision, the casual EDT will lead activities designed to help the client adjust to living in a community setting, and assist the patient to gain the skills needed to manage their eating disorder.
Shift Details & Requirements:
- Casual Eating Disorder Technicians fill shifts unable to be covered by regular EDT’s due to illness, vacations, holidays and/or other open shifts needing coverage. Casual positions do not accrue PTO, Holiday Hours, Education Money and/or Education Hours
- Casual Eating Disorder Technicians are required to be available to work at least two shifts a month, with one of those shifts being either an overnight or weekend shift. Casual EDTS may pick up additional open day and evening shifts as they become available
- Casual Eating Disorder Technician’s positions are also required to work one holiday per year with the option of picking up more holiday shifts if they are available
- Attend one team meeting per week worked at each location
- Work with multi-disciplinary team on assessments, care planning and treatment
- Provide encouragement and support during admission and continue throughout entire stay
- Monitor and assist residents in the AWH community
- Supportive eating at meals and snacks
- Academic functioning support
- Support residents during structured outings and recreation
- Monitor and document exercise
- Assist residents in pass planning and pass processing
- Report observations and document in charts
- May be responsible for observation of staff who are qualified as mental health rehabilitation workers
- Additional duties as requested
BA or BS degree in psychology, social work or related health field required; 2,000 hours of previous experience serving individuals with mental illness or eating disorders is required (or otherwise qualified as a Mental Health Practitioner by the state of MN), and a desire to work with adolescents preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume compiled into one PDF and uploaded via the online application form. Click here to apply online.
The position is open until filled. The Emily Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).